If you’re wanting some simple facts about demodectic mange treatment, then you will want to read this article.
You will get an idea about what is involved in treatment, if demodex mange is contagious and what important nutrient is needed to speed up treatment.
After reading this article, you will be able to get by your dog’s demodex mange treatment with no stress involved. Wonder what the vet suggest for treatment? Keep reading to find out what medications they will prescribe to your dog and if they really do work or not.
The 10 simple facts are:
1. Demodex mange can be cured by developing the dogs immune system.
2. Demodectic mange treatment doesn’t have to cost hundreds of dollars.
3. Treatment doesn’t have to involve chemicals like most vets suggest.
4. It’s better to use all natural shampoos or shampoos that contain benzoyle peroxide during treatment.
5. Demodectic mange is not contagious.
6. Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely important to provide.
7. Getting your dog plenty of exercise makes a difference in the treatment.
8. Giving your dog a bath 2-3 times a month keeps the dog’s skin conditioned as well clean.
9. Preventing as much stress possible for your dog is recommended.
10. 90% of dogs affected do not need treatment and can fight off the mites themselves.
A lot of dogs can get mange. Treatment at the moment can seem impossible to succeed at that’s normal. By developing your dogs immune system and keeping your dog away from dirt you will treat mange. As the immune system develops it becomes strong enough to fight off skin conditions such as mange.
The vet will usually suggest one of the following three treatments:
1. Amitraz – This involves trips to vet every two weeks to apply the Amitraz dip.
2. Goodwinol ointment – Applied to the skin this ointment reduces the number of mites on your dog, generally for localized demodex mange.
3. Ivermectin – Giving this liquid daily to your dog does a good job getting rid of the mange and decreasing the irritation for your dog.
4. Benzoyle peroxide shampoo – This is a medicated shampoo specifically for dogs. It contains benzoyle peroxide which deep cleans your dogs skin.
All of the medications recommended may or may not work. They might also contain chemicals your not willing to use on your dog.
The way demodex mange affects dogs is terrible. It can do some real damage to some dogs.
Luckily, if the dog has a faithful owner who follows through with treatment they are able to survive and overcome the demodex mange.